Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Foreword

I envision this blog as a medium to relate my own struggle of attempting to write a book and getting it published. And, as importantly, to document how a journey and the act of travel influences a person’s creativity and reflections that shape their writing.

My journey will begin by traversing 6,700 miles across Canada and the U.S. on my Honda Magna VF-750.
I will then make my way to Israel, Russia, France, Italy, Spain, England, Thailand, China, Japan, Argentina, Peru, Venezuela and Brazil.

The book I’m writing is not about travel, or, specifically, not about my own travel at this time. The book will be a fiction, embedded in the history and development of my generation:
We are refugees from whom identity was severed along with our citizenship - tossed into limbo; and when we landed on the shores of freedom we were no closer to understanding our potential or what kind of blossoming we would experience. Our roots are very similar: going back dozens of generations there was only a handful of places where our forefathers lived, only a handful of professions they could hold… but as they are the stalks of flowers, wholly indistinguishable, we are the blossoms – with as many expressions as the number of us who sought the golden door.

About Me: coming in the next post!

3 comments:

  1. Great begining,,,, I can not wait for the next post.. And also good luck at your journey!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a great idea! It seems u want to do same as ibn- Btota did. Why don't you visit Pakistan or India? I bet you that it will make your book more interesting.. One thing I liked the most is you will travel on your Honda waooo alll the way. You gonna make genies world record. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great advise Urusa! Ever hard of Daniel Pearl????

    ReplyDelete